Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Stop + Look

Welcome. I ought not try to be so funny. In abstraction, the blog will not follow a formulaic schedule of topics on given days, as some events or ideas require prolonged discussion. Nor will this be an exercise in randomness. Rather, I encourage and invite strangers and associates to comment. Shortly, I will provide some links to my limited literary exploits. For today, I will leave off in the fashion of asshole Garrison Keillor with a poem, one of my own:
 
in sleep, the twist and arch 
arch, disquieted and still, shades agony, 
revels in contempt, 
reflects cast iron light washed white 
as it slides by city windows 
 
rethink and murmur 
in a secret tongue known solely 
by you and your devils all tricks
unrequited vows 
and the compacts of resolve. 
 
old wars rage fiercest at dawn 
and daybreak's false respite, 
born of boredom, 
awaits the clamor to renew.

No comments: