Monday, December 10, 2007

Greetings and Salutations

A quick intro: I have spent the last four years of my life traveling the world as a professional tour caddie. I have pitched events sanctioned by the PGA Tour, USGA, R&A, Nationwide, Canadian, Australasian, and Tour de las Americas in six countries. Earlier this year, I opted to go straight, that is quit being a gypsy and settle into formal, traditional employment. I have, however, attained one of my ambitions: being a crotchety, old Jew. At thirty, I am way ahead of the curve. One luxury of the caddie job and lifestyle was that it allowed me a lot of time to think about not only golf, but also some other things which have always interested me: politics, economics, philosophy, the arts. Armed with a ready reserve of notions on how things ought to be and an acerbic tongue for spewing all of my self-righteous vitriol, I’m ready.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Crotchety? Oh yes. Jew? Undeniably. Old? Come on already.