Friday, September 26, 2008

9/23/78

You signal silent, shining, shining sun-dressed girl, the day by the lake, of still water and flowing earth, the wind swept brown, command me to say nothing at all, ever again. I did abide at will, too early though, and your wish now was mine then, though we gave no damn about commands, or dared to utter them at all. So, shining shining, sun-dressed girl, standing firm in plain plane, harrying charges, reflecting dappled light of a long-gone lake, await the ever after of endless bedtime fairy stories, that fathers tell daughters to hasten them to sleep. But, I must abide, without choice, obey. I cannot speak now in right as I did not speak when my command was your wish, your dare. Content, shining, sun-dressed girl live thy nine lives and never hear the end of the story better left unbegun.

No comments: